Frequently Asked Questions
What is Yeovil Hospital Charity?
- Yeovil Hospital Charity is the official charity of Yeovil hospital. It raises money to fund new projects, buildings and equipment that make a difference for patients at what is often a difficult time. With the support of the community, the charity has funded a huge range of exciting projects throughout the hospital.
What do I do if I want to give a gift to a particular ward or department?
- We have a large number of funds that support specific wards/departments, so please just mention if you would like your donation to be allocated to one. Please continue to make cheques payable to Yeovil Hospital Charity for admin purposes, but either in an accompanying note or on the reverse of the cheque, make note of where you would like it allocated.
Can I make donations of gifts rather than money?
- We do accept gifts, but please do get in touch first here to see if what you have is something we accept and are in need of at the time. Donations of money are normally preferred because it means we can spend it where it is needed the most.
How do I set up an online fundraising page and where is the best place to do that?
- The best place to set up an online fundraising page is Just Giving
- For Just Giving, head to this page and hit the orange Fundraise for Us button and it will guide you through the process of setting up a page.
If I’ve set up a fundraising page, but some friends have given me a cheque or cash, how do I add this to my total?
- On both Just Giving there are options to add ‘Offline Donations’. This way, you can include any donations you have been given in person or collected at a fundraising event. You will need to give these donations to us directly, either as you fundraising progresses or at the end when you have everything together.
How do I get materials to support my fundraising?
- If you’ve registered your fundraiser with us here then a member of our team should have been in touch within 5 working days of you registering, and you can discuss with them about what materials we could supply to support you. Otherwise, please do get in touch here.
Do I have to pay for fundraising materials?
- Nope, we don’t think you should have to fork out to take on a fundraising challenge or host an event, so all of the materials we have available for you are free. We might just ask you to return things like buckets, banners and collection tins after your fundraiser, so someone else can make good use of them after you.
What kind of things does Yeovil Hospital Charity spend donations on?
- The donations we receive are spent on improving the hospital’s facilities, buying new equipment and funding new projects and services that make life easier for patients at what is often a difficult time.
I want to make a donation in memory of a loved one who passed away, how do I do that?
- When donating via our website, there is a chance to let us know if your donation is in memory of someone, but if you are donating in a different way, perhaps by post or over the phone, please do mention it, so we are aware.
- If you are collecting donations in memory of a loved one at their funeral, please have a conversation with your Funeral Director about how that works and their process for making donations to your chosen charity. They will also need to remember to make cheques payable to Yeovil Hospital Charity even if you choose to make donations to a specific fund, which the Funeral Director can inform us of.
How do I sign up to make a regular monthly donation?
- Simple, you can download this form and post it back to us or scan and email it to us. Our email is YeovilHospitalCharity@somersetft.nhs.uk and our post address is Fundraising Office, Yeovil Hospital, Higher Kingston, Yeovil, Somerset, BA21 4AT.
I’d like to keep up to date with what is happening at the Charity, how do I do that?
- Please fill out our short Stay in Touch form here, and choose whether you’d like to hear from us via email or post.
How do I opt out of Communication?
- Please get in contact with us and let us know your full name and either address or email address, depending on which one we use to contact you and that you wish to opt out, we will sort it from there.
I’ve had a problem donating on your website, what should I do?
- Never fear, technical issues sometimes cannot be avoided. If the problem continues to happen, please give us a call or drop us an email, you can find our contact details here.
- The most common issue when entering in card details is that the postcode you’re using doesn’t match the address registered with the card, so where possible, please make sure they are the same.
I’ve heard about Gift Aid, what is it, and how do I make sure it is added to my donation?
- Gift Aid is a scheme run by the Government in which it gives us 25% of your donation as an extra if you are a UK taxpayer. However you donate, we will ask you if you are a UK taxpayer and if we are able to claim Gift Aid on your donation, but if we haven’t and you think your donation is eligible, please get in touch.
I’ve got a question that isn’t listed here, how do I get in touch to ask?
- Please head over to our Contact page, where our email address, phone number and address are listed. Our office is manned Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm and we endeavour to get back to you as quick as we can.